It can be time-consuming to place a liner under deep restorations because most materials on the market have to be hand-mixed and sensitivity can also be a concern
Another challenge is compatibility, or the ability to proceed with bonding immediately after placement without delay or waiting.
- Ideal for direct and indirect pulp capping and as a protective liner
- The proprietary formulation consists of tri-calcium silicate particles in a hydrophilic monomer formulated to provide significant calcium release* and make it a uniquely stable and durable material as a liner
- Its formulation allows for a command set with a light-curing unit while maintaining ease of placement due to thixotropic properties
- TheraCal LC’s precise placement allows its use in all deep cavity preparations. The light-cured set permits immediate placement and condensation of the restorative material
- TheraCal LC is moisture tolerant and radiopaque and can be placed under restorative materials and cements
- It can be used as an alternative to calcium hydroxide, glass ionomer, RMGI, IRM/ZOE, and other restorative materials
* BISCO has, on file, the calcium release data for TheraCal LC.
BISCO For additional information call 800-247-3368 or visit bisco.com.
Related article: Efficiently getting calcium to the pulp