Information provided by Clinician's Choice.
Traditional methods, such as electrocautery, are limited in their scope, while scalpels can be more time-consuming
Plus, these tools are less precise than a laser and can increase patient discomfort.
Bluewave Soft Tissue Diode Laser
- Allows dentists to perform soft tissue procedures with virtually no bleeding, pain, or post-operative swelling compared to electrocautery or a scalpel
- Minimal need for anesthesia
- Designed to decrease treatment time in many cases
- At 2.55 pounds, this 5W, 810 nm diode laser is lightweight and completely portable, allowing it to be moved between operatories
- Suitable for a wide range of indications, including gingival contouring, tissue retraction for impression taking, and laser-assisted periodontal therapy
- Features a unique blue-aiming beam that is designed to produce a higher contrast on oral tissues and blood
- Its disposable tip reportedly eliminates the inconsistency and inconvenience of strip-and-cleave systems
- The rechargeable lithium ion battery allows for more than three hours of continuous use
- The curved, ergonomic handpiece is designed to provide better posterior access and reduce hand fatigue