© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and Dental Products Report. All rights reserved.
Pola Office+ from SDI is said to be the world’s fastest in-office tooth whitening system.
Absolutely minimal chair time is required: The total treatment time will take less than 30 minutes. Less chair time means increased patient comfort and satisfaction.
Pola Office+ can be used with or without a bleaching light as it does not require light activation. Any heat-emitting curing light can be used, thus eliminating the need for special and expensive lights.
With Pola Office+, there is no need for trays to be made, and no mixing is required. Pola Office+ uses a dual barrel syringe system, which mixes as you apply, reportedly ensuring a consistent blend of freshly activated gel for every treatment. The fine applicator tip syringe is designed to allow for easy application even in tight spots. Achieving a whiter smile produces happy patients and satisfied dental offices.
Related reading: SDI's Pola Office+ tooth whitening system offers easy treatment for patients on the go
Check out this video to see how to ensure proper application of PolaOffice+:
Continue to page two for a step-by-step technique...
Follow the steps below to ensure proper application of Pola Office+:
1. Select an appropriate candidate using the Pola checklist, which includes medical, dental and sensitivity history and an intraoral examination. Visit the SDI website to download the checklist.
2. Ask your patient to sign the consent form.
3. Prescribe Soothe if there is existing sensitivity three days prior to treatment.
4. Determine and record pre-operative shade.
5. Take a before photo.
6. If needed, take an impression of the patient's teeth for tray fabrication.
7. Protect your patient's eyes with protective glasses.
8. Place check retractors.
9. Clean teeth with ONLY a flour-based pumice.
10. Dry teeth and apply Gingival Barrier to both arches, slightly overlapping enamel and interproximal spaces.
Video: Dental Innovator: Why patients are loving the SDI Pola whitening line
Continue to page 3 for the final steps ...
11. Light cure in a fanning motion for 10-20 seconds until Gingival Barrier is cured.
12. Firmly attach a mixing nozzle to the Pola Office+ syringe away from the patient.
13. Dispense a small amount of gel onto a mixing pad until a uniform gel is extruded.
14. Using the nozzle as a guide, directly apply a thin layer of gel to all teeth undergoing treatment. A thin layer will prevent the gel from running. Note: It is best not to lift the nozzle when moving from tooth to tooth. Use in a continuous motion.
15. Leave gel on for eight minutes (Optional: A curing light may be used at this stage.)
16. Suction off using a surgical aspirator tip. Note: It is normal for a residue layer of gel to remain on the surface of the teeth.
17. Repeat steps three times (Optional: four times.).
18. After the last application, suction all the gel off then wash and apply suction.
19. Remove Gingival Barrier by lifting it from one end.
20. Record the final shade.
Video: Whitening tips: How to handle patient tooth sensitivity