OR WAIT 15 SECS
Being a dental hygienist can sometimes be a thankless job. You’re doing your best to improve your patient’s oral health … but they don’t always see it that way. They see you as the person with the sharp pointy thing who makes their gums bleed. Sigh. It’s a tough gig.
We went out and looked for some tweets that were sent out by patients after visiting their dental office and seeing the hygienist. Some were funny and some made us shake our head.
Read on to see what 15 dental patients said about their visit with their hygienist … and see if any of these patients might be yours. Then check out these other things we found from patients on social media.
the dental hygienist gave me the mirror to watch how she was flossing my teeth but all i looked at was how good my makeup is today
- ally (@tomlinidiot) June 27, 2015
Hygienist: Ooh, we have a new yellow cake flavor of fluoride! Me: I'll pass on the weapons-grade uranium thanks Hygienist: *blank stare*
- Mary (@maloober) June 22, 2015
Note to bros: never call a dental hygienist a dental assistant
- Justin Williams (@OfficialJ_Willz) June 21, 2015
The dental hygienist told me my home care was 'excellent' and the proceeded to brutalize my gum line for 30 minutes to punish me for it.
- Just Linda (@LindaInDisguise) June 19, 2015
That thing where the hygienist has cleaned all the crap off your teeth so you can actually feel what a weird shape they are.
- Dave Cross (@davorg) June 19, 2015
Me and this dental hygienist are going to have words. 'Achrrarghargh', mainly. And then, 'thank you'.
- M.J. Walters (@mjwaltersxyz) June 19, 2015
You know you're getting old when your dental hygienist no longer asks you what flavor of toothpaste you want.
- Cailyn Burd (@TweetTweetBurd) June 18, 2015
Emerson called his beloved philosophy Transcendentalism. Sounds like the label one would pin on a nomadic dental hygienist.
- Edgar Allan Poe (@edgarallenpoets) June 17, 2015
Blatt's pep talks have all the urgency of a dental hygienist reminding you to floss more.
- Cameron Seib (@CameronSeib) June 17, 2015
Today my dental hygienist was gushing over how I've only had 1 cavity...didn't have the heart to tell her I had one with my previous dentist
- Lauren Stazinski (@laurenstazinski) June 17, 2015
Avg dentist appointment: hygienist stabs my gums for an hour then my dentist comes in and talks football for 5 minutes and I leave
- Amber Livingston (@wavesofgrainn) June 16, 2015
I wonder if my dental hygienist spent so much time on her eyebrows because she knew I would be staring at them for 35 minutes.
- Dana Schwartz (@DanaSchwartzzz) June 12, 2015
My dental hygienist switched out the usual mint finish post cleaning for cinnamon. #GutPunch
- Roche (@rocheonair) June 12, 2015
Just as I was laying there thinking how odd it is to have my teeth brushed by another adult, the dental hygienist called it "polishing."
- Kristina Klausser (@kklausser) June 12, 2015
Dentist's office is playing Coldplay & I can hear dudebro in the next room trying to hit on his hygienist & I'm pretty sure this is hell.
- Saladin Ahmed (@saladinahmed) June 12, 2015