OR WAIT null SECS
01. How does the company approach its goal of creating efficient and productive products that are esthetic and reliable for patients? We believe the key is to maintain an ongoing, open dialogue with both of our key customer groups: dental labs and dental practices. We must constantly ask how our and our competitors’ products are meeting their needs, and what we can do to improve their ability to provide the best possible patient care.
01. How does the company approach its goal of creating efficient and productive products that are esthetic and reliable for patients?
We believe the key is to maintain an ongoing, open dialogue with both of our key customer groups: dental labs and dental practices. We must constantly ask how our and our competitors’ products are meeting their needs, and what we can do to improve their ability to provide the best possible patient care.
02. What led to the recent increase in the size of your laboratory sales and customer care team?
Our expansion reflects both our confidence in the future of dental labs, and our excitement about our potential to become an even more important supplier to those labs. In recent years, we’ve made substantial investments to develop the best-performing products in each of our laboratory product categories. And now, by expanding our laboratory sales and service teams, we’ll be able to deliver unsurpassed customer care.
03. What advantages are gained by designing your denture teeth via CAD/CAM?
Very simply, our CAD/CAM technology allows us to achieve unprecedented precision. It involves bilateral digitalization, which makes 100% identical pairing possible. Another key factor is the zero-tolerance digital mould construction, which completely eliminates dimensional deviation. It also contributes to precise intercuspation as a result of having the correct occlusal anatomy in posterior teeth.
04. The production of your teeth is accomplished via your INCOMP manufacturing technology. How does this work to create a superior tooth?
INCOMP is an exceptionally precise manufacturing technique that allows the teeth to be created without porosities from the outside through to the center of each tooth. It also makes the teeth extremely dense, which among other things, allows them to serve as exceptional implant overdentures. It takes tremendous strength to withstand the stress that gets applied to screw-retained appliances, and these teeth have it.
05. How does the NanoPearl® Technology featured in your Mondial denture teeth impact patients?
This is really an amazing technology that’s unique to Heraeus, and we’re very proud of it. It incorporates a combination of unique micro fillers and nano particles and a micro-hybrid reinforced polymer bead technology. What this all adds up to is a toughness and abrasion resistance that will give the patient many, many years of attractive, perfectly functioning teeth.
06. What sets your Modern Materials products apart?
Our Modern Materials line has been the No. 1 gypsum products brand in the market for many years, and there’s a reason: unsurpassed consistency. We pride ourselves on delivering a line of products that our valued dental lab customers can depend on without even thinking about it. That kind of consistency doesn’t come easily, which is why we produce and test every one of our products here in the U.S.
07. How can labs benefit from your Heraeus Precious Metals Refining service?
In most business situations, it’s best to avoid a middleman. In the case of scrap metals, this means going to a direct refiner, and Heraeus is the largest private direct refiner in the world. We heat, melt, separate and analyze precious metals in a single location, and refuse to charge any hidden fees or minimum lot charges. As a result, we can not only give the highest return for scrap, we make the entire process extremely efficient and convenient.
08. What led Heraeus to donate a portion of your refining profits to the Foundation for Dental Laboratory Technology (FDLT)?
Our company, and the practices and patients we ultimately serve, depend heavily on dental laboratories. The labs in turn rely heavily on their immensely talented and well-educated workforces. We feel we owe it to our valued customers to do what we can to ensure they have access to the best training possible. By the way, it may interest you to know that more than 40 of our lab customers have joined us in donating to the FDLT.
09. Beyond helping with the FDLT, Heraeus also is involved with a range of other charities. What drives the company’s altruistic outreach?
In almost all of our communications, we talk about transforming lives. To us, that’s not just a slogan or tagline; it’s our reason for being. We strive to make products that allow our customers to truly transform the lives of patients, whether by repairing a damaged tooth, alleviating serious pain or discomfort, or restoring a healthy smile. But we’ve never felt that our efforts should stop there, which is why Heraeus has a long and proud history of philanthropic support. If you go to our website, you’ll see that Corporate Social Responsibility is listed before our brands or products. We say that Heraeus is a company with a heart, and we try to demonstrate that every day.
10. Looking ahead, what’s on tap for Heraeus in the coming year?
I’m pleased to say 2011 has been a very successful year for Heraeus, thanks in large part to our many loyal customers. We know we have to earn that loyalty year after year, and we can’t do that unless we continue to innovate, whether it be by introducing new products to help our customers be more successful, or by finding ways to improve our already stellar customer service. I can assure you that in 2012 every division of Heraeus will be more innovative and customer-focused than ever.