OR WAIT null SECS
The worldâ€™s first FDA-approved true regeneration laser, marketing cosmetic services and #MyWeirdDentist: These stories are among the most popular on our website this week. Catch up on what you missed while you were filling cavities.
The DMD Top 5 for the Week Ending September 15, 2017
The world’s first FDA-approved true regeneration laser, marketing cosmetic services and #MyWeirdDentist: These stories are among the most popular on our website this week. Catch up on what you missed while you were filling cavities.
1. Tech Tuesday: The World's First FDA-Cleared Laser for True Regeneration When Dr. Robert Gregg developed the LANAP protocol, he opened a door to less painful and simplified alternatives to oral surgery. This tech Tuesday, DMD explores the options provided by Gregg’s Periolase MVP-7 laser, the FDA-cleared LANAP derivative getting patients out of the periodontal penalty box. Continue below to find out more about this device.
2. Q&A with Dr. Edward Alvarez: How to Market Cosmetic Services, Part II Social media’s amplification of visual aesthetics bodes well for dentists. With so many young people looking to perfect or simply improve their smiles, opportunities to attract new patients abound — but so does the competition. Whitening is a service offered at almost any dental practice, so how can you make your practice stand out? Dr. Edward Alvarez, DDS, specializes in all things cosmetic dentistry. Keep reading for his advice on marketing your whitening services.
3. In Case You Missed It: DMD's #MyWeirdDentist Favorites The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon’s “Hashtags” segment has modernized late night television by allowing direct social media participation from the audience. This past April, #MyWeirdDentist made waves on the web, and we at DMD couldn’t help but revisit these hilarious Tweets. Here are a few of our favorites.
4. 4 Regrettable Times Dentistry Made the News Dentists are hardly seen as the edgy rebels of the medical industry. In fact, a career in dentistry usually comes with a clean reputation and rarely makes headlines. But like any demographic, there are outliers. Below are dentists who have made the news for the wrong reasons.
5. Credit Card Debt: Management Tips and 2017 Trends Dentists are no strangers to debt. Between the costs of an education, getting licensed and then opening and operating a practice, borrowing money is a necessary evil. If you find yourself overwhelmed by credit card debt in particular, you're not alone. Continue below to WalletHub's assessment of credit card debt in 2017.