These 5 stories were the most popular on Dentistâ€™s Money Digest last week.
1. Illegal Dentist Extracted 10 Teeth Without Anesthesia, Authorities Say: Authorities were led to the suspect after he improperly extracted a tooth, causing health complications for a patient. He also made dentures for another patient, authorities say.
2. The Most Annoying Home-for-the-Holidays Behaviors: A HotelTonight survey reveals the grating behaviors that aggravate parents and their adult children while visiting for the holidays. Use this information as a method of keeping the peace this holiday season.
3. The Risks and Benefits of a Fee-For-Service Dental Practice: Why dentistry may begin to shift back toward the fee-for-service model, and what it takes to achieve financial success with it.
4. Keeping Your Dental Practice's Social Media HIPAA Compliant: Derek Pearson is the VP of Business Development at Banyan, a company dedicated to improving social media performance for dentists. Here, he explains how to stay HIPAA compliant with your practice’s social media.
5. Projected 2017 Marketing Trends for Your Dental Practice: Predictions on the types of marketing efforts that will effectively engage consumers in 2017. They will be looking for personalization, attention to detail, and quick access to services and products.
TWEET OF THE WEEK
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not sure which <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/toothpaste?src=hash">#toothpaste</a> to recommend? This new study makes it easier. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/dentistry?src=hash">#dentistry</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/news?src=hash">#news</a> <a href="https://t.co/E8c1dECqhw">https://t.co/E8c1dECqhw</a> <a href="https://t.co/M1Dr088xXg">pic.twitter.com/M1Dr088xXg</a></p>— Dentist'sMoneyDigest (@DentistsMoney) <a href="https://twitter.com/DentistsMoney/status/808418147959062528">December 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>