A dentist is accused of performing a tooth extraction while standing on a hoverboard and videotaping the stunt to share with his friends. A few travel websites have announced last-minute deals for summer vacationers. And taxpayers in these states aren't getting much in return of the money they pay. Find out what other stories were among our five most popular last week.
— Dentist'sMoneyDigest (@DentistsMoney) April 27, 2017
1. Dentist Extracted Tooth While Riding Hoverboard, Authorities Say: Yes, you read that right. An anchorage, Alaska dentist is accused of performing a tooth extraction while standing on a hoverboard. If you’re going to do something like that, naturally, you would film it and share it with all your friends — as this dentist is accused of doing. The dentist also allegedly billed Medicaid for about $2 million in unnecessary sedation.
2. Lock In These Summer Travel Deals While You Still Can: Go to the beach for less. These three deals offer you more for your money at popular all-inclusive properties in Mexico, a luxury resort in Nevis and a trendy hotel in Miami’s South Beach. But you need to act quickly. Each of these ideal summer vacation deals has an expiration date.
3. 10 States with the Worst Taxpayer ROI: What services are you getting in return for the state taxes that you pay? In its latest analysis, WalletHub looked at the return on investment taxpayers are getting in each state. Dentist’s Money Digest® previously reported on the study, highlighting where the tax ROI is best. Unfortunately for residents in these states, this is where it’s the worst.
4. Dentists are Bullish on Growth, Technology Investment, Survey Shows: After several years of lower expectations, dentists once again are opening their checkbooks to make investments in overall practice health, according to a recently released survey from TD Bank. That’s a reflection of the overall optimism dentists feel regarding revenue growth in the coming years. About two-thirds of respondents said they expect their practice revenue to grow in the near term.
5. The DMD Check-Up: Clear Coffee to Fight Tooth Stains: Two brothers from the U.K. who grew tired of dealing with coffee stains on their teeth have developed a clear variety. This new coffee tastes like the real deal, with the duo comparing it to a strong cup of cold brew. In other dental news, another fluoride battle is raging in Virginia and Texas is looking to further regulate dental anesthesia.