OR WAIT null SECS
Kristen Mott is the associate editor for Dental Products Report and Digital Esthetics.
Taking a look at some of the top options on the market.
Roughly 3 million Americans have dental implants, and that number is expected to grow by 500,000 a year, according to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. It should come as no surprise then that more and more companies are developing innovative dental implant systems.
These revolutionary systems allow for faster osseointegration and a more comfortable fit. What’s more, many of these systems are now interchangeable and compatible with most of the industry’s leading implant manufacturers.
Whether you’re looking for a dental implant system for single or multiple tooth restorations, take a look at the next few pages to learn about some of the top options on the market.
Click through the slides to see the dental implant systems.
• A hybrid implant that’s designed to offer full prosthetic versatility by utilizing the standard 3.5 internal hex.
• The drilling sequence is engineered to be as safe and efficient as possible by matching the final sizing drill to the implant with a built-in countersink, offering a direct visual to make the drilling precise and repeatable.
• If the bone is determined to be soft, the design of the osteotomy permits the option of using a 3.7 Tampered Implant to compress the bone.
American Dental Implant Corp.
800-511-0661 | americandentalimplant.com
Bicon SHORT® Implants
• The implant is comprised of plateaus, a sloping shoulder and a bacterially sealed 1.5° locking taper implant-to-abutment connection.
• The implants now come in 5 mm and 6 mm lengths.
• 360° of universal abutment positioning is designed to provide for the cementless and screwless Integrated Abutment Crown™, which consistently allows for a non-metallic esthetic gingival margin.
800-882-4266 | bicon.com
• Navident is a dynamic freehand guided surgery system for dental implantation.
• It’s designed to accurately compare the motions of the drill to planned positions, enabling minimally invasive, precise placement of dental implants.
• With the introduction of Trace and Place (TaP), Navident is said to have introduced a breakthrough in computer-aided implantology.
• With TaP, the workflow is simple: take a scan, plan the case, trace the teeth to align the scan with the patient’s anatomy and place the implant.
647-951-1525 | claronav.com
• Designed to provide predictable care.
• Because Dentatus Implants are among the narrowest available (1.8 – 2.8 mm), they’re often placed in a one-stage, flapless procedure - even in areas of limited space - while meeting all the established criteria for predictable survival and success.
• The unique screw-retained abutment is designed to reduce stress on the implant and provide for easy maintenance of provisional and long-term restorations.
800-323-3136 | dentatususa.com
Astra Tech Implant System® EV
• Designed with a site-specific, crown-down approach based on the natural dentition.
• The range of implant options includes straight, conical, narrow (3 mm), wide (5.4 mm) and short (6 mm) implants, along with the unique OsseoSpeed® Profile EV implant, which is anatomically designed for sloped ridge situations.
• The site-specific restorative components as well as the patent-pending, one-position-only interface for placement of Atlantis patient-specific abutments provide restorative ease.
Dentsply Sirona Implants
800-531-3481 | dentsplysirona.com
Zirlux® Prosthetic Components
• Offering an assortment of titanium abutments, analogs, screws and more, this comprehensive line features prosthetic connections compatible with most of the industry’s leading implant manufacturers.
• Zirlux abutments are manufactured in an ISO 13485 certified environment, ensuring each component offers tight tolerances, precision machining, state-of-the-art processing and cleaning, and extensive validation testing.
• Uniform component cost across all systems is said to allow for predictable pricing and exceptional quality.
800-DSCHEIN | henryschein.com
Hi-Tec Implants Interchangeable Systems
• Hi-Tec Implants developed eight implant systems that are engineered to be compatible and interchangeable with popular implant brands and provide the ultimate solution for every case.
• The Interchangeable System includes implants, attachments for stabilizing dentures, straight and angulated abutments for cemented crowns and bridges, and angulated and straight unit abutments for screw-retained, full-arch restorations.
972-9-9558486 | hitec-implants.com
AnyRidge® Implant System
• The AnyRidge® patented KnifeThread™ design and Xpeed® S-L-A with nano calcium ion surface treatment is said to deliver faster cell proliferation, immediate stability and faster osseointegration.
• The MegaISQ stability meter is designed to provide a guide for optimal loading decisions and the confidence clinicians need to load faster or immediately.
• AnyRidge’s unique design allows for preservation of the cortical bone due to no threads on the coronal portion of the implant.
integrated dental systems (ids)
866-277-5662 | idsimplants.com
• The Trefoil system is said to represent a breakthrough in efficiency for treating endentulous patients and patients with failing dentition, enabling the fixed, definitive, full-arch restoration of the mandible in one day.
• The Trefoil system features a pre-manufactured titanium bar, which is retained on three implants featuring the TiUnite surface that’s proven to support Immediate Function.
• Passive fit is made possible by a groundbreaking fixation mechanism that compensates for deviations in implant placement.
800-322-5001 | nobelbiocare.com/trefoil
SB/LA Spiral Implant System
• By utilizing the Ritter SB/LA Spiral Implant System, doctors can demonstrate their commitment to excellence while increasing case acceptance, containing costs and driving new patients to their practices.
• Each implant is precision-made in Germany from industry-grade 5 titanium alloy and features an SB/LA surface treatment.
• A progressive thread design is engineered to support insertion stability.
855-807-8111 | ritterimplants.com
MOR® and MOR®-A Implant Systems
• Both are self-tapping, small diameter, one-piece screw implants manufactured from titanium alloy with an acid etched surface.
• The implants are manufactured with three body diameters - 2.1 mm, 2.4 mm and 3 mm - with available lengths of 10 mm, 13 mm, 15 mm and 18 mm.
• The implant systems are designed for long-term as well as temporary surgical implantation to provide immediate load or delayed load of prosthetics, such as overdentures or crowns.
800-243-9942 | sterngold.com
Thommen Medical Implant System
• Thommen Medical is a Swiss designer and manufacturer of a dental implant system known for incredible precision and impactful design.
• A heritage of more than 30 years of Swiss precision and innovation form the basis for the company’s products.
• High-quality yet simple to use, Thommen Medical’s products are said to deliver predictable, esthetic results without compromise.
866-319-9800 | thommenmedical.com