Welcome back to ProductsBites! I’m your host Kristin Hohman and today we are recording live from the Chicago Dental Society’s MidWinter Meeting. In this special episode, we’re going to cover some of the new product highlights from the show.
Desktop Health showed off its new line of 3D printers & resin material.
- The new Einstein 3D printer line series uses Digital Light Processing and HyperPrint™ technologies and is designed to deliver accuracy and versatility.
- The series includes 3 printers—the Einstein for general dentists; the Einstein PRO for small dental labs; and the Einstein PRO XL for large dental labs.
- The new Flexcera Smile Ultra+ resin uses long-chain chemistry and ceramic-like strength for the printing of same-day crowns, bridges, veneers, as well as full and partial dentures.
- It touts 3 times more fracture resistance than other resins, moisture resistance, and a natural esthetic for patient satisfaction.
- Flexcera Smile Ultra+ also uses NanoFit 385 technology for a better marginal fit.
W&H exhibited its Proxeo Twist Cordless PL-40 H during MidWinter.
- The Proxeo Twist is a hygiene handpiece that features flexibility for cordless work.
- Speed regulation of the handpiece is said to be simplified with its wireless foot control.
- The Proxeo is designed to offer an optimal view with the small disposable prophy angles and optimal speed for atraumatic and efficient polishing/cleaning.
- Plus, it’s said to reduce tensile strain from cables.
- Its long lithium-ion battery is said to last a whole working day.
Attendees got to see Whip Mix’s recently-launched VeriONE digital workflow system.
- The VeriONE system is a 4-part system including scan, print, wash, and cure.
- The system starts with the VeriPULSE IOS, a solution that is ready to use right out of the box.
- The VeriEKO is a same-day dentistry chairside solution for digital dentistry. It’s designed to achieve 3-times the speed of a regular LCD printer and maximize accuracy thanks to its 95+% LED light uniformity.
- VeriWHIRL is the system’s resin washing station, which features vortex cleaning, a dual wash system, and an intelligent design that offers users full and automatic control of the cleaning process.OtoFLASH offers effective polymerization thanks to its 2 photoflash lamps that produce 10 flashes/second with 200W of power in a spectral distribution from 280 nm up to 700 nm. Because of this, the cured resin materials exhibit excellent physical properties and reduced residual monomer.
- The VeriONE System is also said to tout 1 phone call service for all of its equipment, whether that be training or support.
Planmeca unveiled its new PlanMill® 35 during the show.
- A new wet/dry chairside mill, the PlanMill 35 is a part of the Planmeca FIT® CAD/CAM system and is meant to assist practices looking to boost their single-visit dentistry.
- The PlanMill 35 can use materials such as zirconia, glass and hybrid ceramics, and composites among others.
Clinician’s Choice featured its PowerMix™ Automatic Impression Material Dispenser.
- It is a materials dispenser that is designed to fill full arch impression trays in 10-15 seconds.
- It sits at 2lbs, making it relatively easy to transport between operatories.
- It is also said to dispense 8-10 full 120 mL Affinity cartridges on a single charge.
- The PowerMix Automatic Impression Material Dispenser is indicated to be used with Affinity Hydroactive Impression Materials.
Ultradent showcased its Gemini EVO diode laser.
- The Gemini EVO laser provides 100 watts of power and 3 different wavelength modes for users.
- It also includes wifi connectivity and a mobile app so users can stay in touch and get feedback from tech support when needed.
- The Gemini EVO diode laser utilizes the same tips as the original Gemini laser and offers 3 photobiomodulation adapters sitting at 3mm, 7mm, and 25mm. The user interface is clear and concise and designed to make for a better user experience.
Invisalign’s new Professional Whitening System was also on the tradeshow floor.
- Powered by Opalescence, this new system is designed to straighten and whiten teeth at the same, making it a potential draw both at the practice and at home.
- It is designed exclusively for Invisalign clear aligners and Vivera retainers. The Invisalign Professional Whitening System is available only through Invisalign-trained providers.