Happy Friday and thanks for joining us on ProductBites! This week, we have some great new launches to share, including a new wireless intraoral scanner from 3Shape, a Stackable Implant Guide from Carestream Dental, and a laptop-based scanning solution from Dentsply Sirona!
Carestream Dental Previews Stackable Implant Guide
- Carestream Dental previewed the latest addition to its implant planning system—an easy, versatile stackable guide solution for use with full arch implant restorations, during the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons’ annual meeting in New Orleans last week.
- The stackable guide can be designed from a single workflow and the templates easily lock together for user-friendly chairside utilization; ideal for immediate loading of provisionals.
- With the new stackable guide technology, a comprehensive digital 3D design process is used to create an efficient and reliable solution for complex procedures.
- Through cloud-based planning and design, the interlocking fit of the stackable guide ensures optimal patient outcomes, according to the company.
Dentsply Sirona Launches Primescan Connect Laptop-Based Solution
- Dentsply Sirona has announced its new laptop-based intraoral scanning solution, Primescan Connect.
- Primescan Connect will offer dental professionals a fast and efficient intraoral scanning experience without requiring a bulky desktop, according to a press release from the company.
- Primescan Connect has a specific laptop wherein clinicians can use the intraoral scanner for restorative, implant, ortho, and more modalities.
- It is validated for all major lab software and is said to be a good starting point for clinicians starting out with digital dentistry.
Ivoclar’s New VivaStyle Whitening Program Designed to Promote Treatment
- With the introduction of the VivaStyle Whitening Program from Ivoclar, dentists can start to grow their whitening sales both inside and outside their practices with a better, more convenient way for patients to receive professional whitening solutions.
- VivaStyle features 3 new take-home whitening solutions designed to meet dental patients' lifestyles:
- VivaStyle LED Whitening System – a whitening pen paired with an LED light to give patients a fast, 15 minutes a day, treatment with little to no sensitivity reported in clinical evaluations.
- VivaStyle Take Home Whitening System– a unique 3-step process that activates, whitens, and conditions teeth for comprehensive and safe treatment with optimal results of up to 10 shades in 10 days.
- VivaStyle Whitening Strips – a simplified 1-step solution for those patients on the go with a 91% clinical approval rating.
3Shape’s New TRIOS 5 Wireless Intraoral Scanner
- This week, 3Shape introduced its TRIOS 5 Wireless, a completely new, state-of-the-art intraoral scanner designed to make digital dentistry easier than ever.
- TRIOS 5 Wireless makes scanning smoother and faster with its all-new ScanAssist intelligent alignment technology that comes housed in a redesigned compact and hygienically optimized scanner – designed to deliver the highest standard in imaging performance and infection control.
- With over 50 improvements in ease of use and design, TRIOS 5 Wireless is 3Shape’s smallest and lightest scanner to date and is perfectly balanced to fit comfortably in any hand.
- The new scanner delivers an unprecedented level of scanning simplicity.
- An LED ring and haptic sensory feedback guide you while you scan to make digital impression-taking smoother and faster than ever.
- TRIOS 5 is 30% more compact and weighs just 10.6 ounces (with battery) and is only 10.5 inches long.