Welcome back to ProductBites! This week we have some more exciting product launches to tell you about, including an extraoral imaging system; a clinical data analysis platform; and a cloud practice management solution for oral surgery.
SmileDirectClub’s New Retainer Manufacturing Technology
- SmileDirectClub has announced the complete transition of its second-generation retainer manufacturing technology in the company’s FDA-registered Smile Labs based in Antioch, Tennessee.
- The company’s upgraded retainer manufacturing lines feature the patented laser technology and automations that are leveraged to produce SmileDirectClub’s Comfort Sense™ aligners.
- The laser technology results in precision-cut retainers said to fit more comfortably while helping to maintain proper tooth alignment and healthy positioning, and the manufacturing automations continue to increase the company’s efficiency and productivity.
- Over the past year, the company has utilized a team of experts including Ph.D. materials scientists and engineers to research force application and alternative aligner materials and manufacturing technologies.
- This has resulted in technology that enables Smile Labs to produce twice as many aligners and retainers with approximately 1/3 of the manpower, effectively increasing productivity by 225%, according to SmileDirectClub.
Columbia Dentoform by DENTALEZ Launches New Surgical Manikin Surgio
- Columbia Dentoform by DENTALEZ has announced the launch of its new surgical manikin, Surgio.
- Surgio is designed to offer dental students the kind of realism that will bolster their accuracy, particularly with simulated bone densities, according to a press release from DENTALEZ.
- Surgio’s oral cavity is said to have lifelike soft tissue and accurate bone density. This educational manikin also has a cost-effective price point.
- Surgio allows dental students and continuing education learners to get hands-on experience with placing, tightening, and loosening implants, as well as restorative work.
Carestream Dental Launches Cloud Practice Management Solution for Oral Surgery
- Carestream Dental has announced the launch of its new cloud-based practice management software solution for oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- This solution, called Sensei Cloud for Oral Surgery, is designed for accessible, intuitive management solutions for oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMS) specialists, according to a press release from Carestream.
- Sensei Oral Surgery is built on the pre-existing Sensei Cloud platform, offering the benefits of a cloud platform such as security, remote access, and scalability.
- It has a wide variety of features such as the Vital Signs Capture that allows clinicians to update fields in the electronic medical record to create a clinical record.
- Sensei Cloud also features performance reports to help inform business decisions, as well as Sensei Imaging for HIPAA-compliant access to 2D and 3D images.
- These images, which can be viewed through the cloud, can be shared through referrals to optimize workflows between practices, according to the press release.
DentalMonitoring Introduces DM Insights Clinical Data Analysis Platform
- DentalMonitoring has launched its clinical data analysis platform, DM Insights, which is designed to enhance workflows in dental and orthodontic practices.
- DM Insights joins the DM Intelligent platform, DentalMontioring’s full suite of solutions designed to improve the quality of care and the patient experience while growing practices at the same time.
- With DM Insights, clinicians can measure and improve the quality of treatments with a percentage breakdown of patients that are experiencing the same issue by tooth, aligner number, or scan number, as well as assess what appliances work best for optimal treatment outcomes to optimize practice operations.
- The platform gives clinicians a benchmarking tool for comparing practice clinical data to the average results of practices, a significant indicator of performance now available to all practitioners.
- Users are able to view practice activity, clinical data, patient compliance, lead engagement, and benchmark performance, all from one platform that can help practices drive treatment decisions, refine workflows, and grow.
Midmark Releases New Midmark Extraoral Imaging System
- Midmark has announced the release of its product line, the Midmark Extraoral Imaging System (EOIS).
- This system includes 2D panoramic and 3D CBCT imaging X-ray devices with cephalometric add-on options, according to a press release from Midmark.
- EOIS is designed to make things simpler for clinicians in their capturing of panoramic and CBCT imaging through its controls and software.
- The system is said to be intuitive, allowing for easy adoption in dental practices.
- Along with this intuitive system, EOIS is easily updatable from the 2D panoramic unit to the 3D CBCT technology, according to the press release.
- The Cephalometric Extension is available for both the 2D and 3D units.
- Other features of EOIS include its relatively small unit size, making it suitable for any size dental practice, as well as its high image quality.
- Midmark will also offer professional training and support to ensure installation and use are optimized to suit the practice’s needs,