Welcome back to another episode of ProductBites! Another week, another batch of exciting product launches in the dental industry.
But first, some exciting news to share! If you haven’t heard already, we have a new podcast. We’ve partnered with Katrina Sanders, RDH, who is a wonderful hygiene speaker and consultant. Katrina and her physician sister, Dr Elizabeth Sanders are the co-hosts of Floss & Flip-Flops. Together, they raise awareness on the oral-systemic link and how the dental and medical communities can work together. The first 2 episodes are up right now on our website, dentalproductsreport.com, and on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, and wherever else you listen! So be sure to check that out!
So, now on to our new products for this week!
Crest Densify Toothpaste
- Crest is launching a premium toothpaste that actively rebuilds tooth density by re-mineralizing enamel: Crest Densify.
- Crest Densify uses a new premium formula to oﬀer a trusted defense against early tooth decay and features the same trusted active ingredient in many other Crest products, stannous ﬂuoride.
- The toothpaste is said to extend the life of your teeth by actively rebuilding tooth density every time you brush.
- The toothpaste is now available at select retailers with nationwide distribution to follow.
- Designed to streamline the image capture process, GRIP&SHOOT has released its latest iPhone app.
- The company’s goal is to take a standard iPhone and turn it into the only camera your practice needs.
- The app, ‘G&S Dental’, is available in the Apple App store and walks clinicians through the image capture process.
- After typing in a patient’s information, users are tasked with 8 shots to capture. Image overlays help line up the shot.
- After the “Patient Grid” is populated, dental professionals can then easily send this information to a computer for PMS record keeping or even to the patient as a diagnostic report card.
- The company also offers a Bluetooth Smart Grip, which attaches to an iPhone, providing ergonomic comfort and one-handed control.
- Its wireless buttons offer the user full one-handed control without ever having to touch the screen, while their other hand is free to manipulate mirrors or tools.
- The buttons are completely customizable, so users can control exposure, switch cameras, or zoom.
- It comes with the JawZ Universal Adapter and holds any phone, with or without a case, up to 3.5” wide.
- GRIP&SHOOT is compatible with all iPhones that support Bluetooth 4.0. It is powered by a single 2032 Coin Cell Battery, which is said to last over 200 hours.
NexHealth Custom Forms
- NexHealth’s Custom Forms are HIPAA-compliant forms that can be integrated into the dental practice management system to automatically update patient information. There are also patient reminders to complete forms regularly.
- NexHealth is available with major practice management systems such as Dentrix, Open Dental, and Eaglesoft.
- NexHealth custom forms are said to cut down on time by eliminating the hassle of filling out each form individually.
- And it touts a bidirectional integration with practice management systems.
Align Technology-CBCT integration feature for ClinCheck Software
- The new Cone Beam Computed Tomography integration feature for ClinCheck digital treatment planning software is a user-friendly tool that combines roots, bone, and crowns into a single three-dimensional model that enables clinicians to visualize a patient’s roots as part of the digital treatment planning process.
- This integration feature helps dentists expand diagnosis and treat a broader range of cases with Invisalign clear aligners by increasing visibility and control of a patient’s underlying anatomical structures during the digital treatment planning process.
- The new solution features an easy-to-use interface; CBCT scan data that is digitally fused with an intraoral scan, resulting in a maneuverable 3D ClinCheck treatment plan model, which makes it convenient for doctors to tailor their treatment plans based on their patients’ needs.
- It is designed as a high-quality, automated feature that is easy for doctors to use and incorporate into their digital workflow.
- The CBCT integration feature for ClinCheck will be scaled in phases across Align’s customer population starting in the second half of 2022.
EasyRx Forms for Jenmar Visual DLP
- EasyRx is releasing custom form solutions for its JenmarDLP cloud-based dental lab management software.
- EasyRx forms gather customer information to share amongst staff for feedback.
- They are said to be HIPAA compliant with an e-signature support system for a more secure data collection.
- These Forms are customizable for each user to suit their specific needs.
- This lab management workflow is designed to streamline processes for best practices.
Buffalo Dental Autoclavable Knife
- Buffalo Dental has released its 12A Autoclavable Knife.
- The knife is made of semi-crystalline steel and is reportedly autoclavable more than hundreds of times.
- It is equipped with a 1 3/4 inches blade, and it is designed to be stain-resistant.
- It is indicated for use in both dental practices and labs with a carbon steel composition and a double end.
Dentsply Sirona-New Mixing Tip & Cartridge System
- A new cartridge and mixing tip system available from Dentsply Sirona is designed to optimize the application of conventional impression materials.
- Three essential factors impact conventional impressions: the quality of the impression material, the processing time, and the simplicity and efficiency of the application.
- This new cartridge and mixing tip system seeks to improve these application features for brands like Aquasil Ultra+.
- The newly designed mixing tip can be easily fixed to the cartridge thanks to a turning wing and small alignment pin.
- A corresponding connection mechanism reduces the risk of cross-contamination between the base and catalyst components.
- The new integrated 50mL cartridge and mixing tip system requires only a one-time bleed before first use, for the life of the cartridge.
- The color-coded cartridges and mixing tips help to connect the cartridges with the appropriate tip.
- The new system is compatible with the standard hand dispensers and mechanical mixers already available on the market.