Sunstar Americas, Inc., a proud member of the globally trusted Sunstar Group of Companies that manufactures and markets innovative oral care products under the GUM®, Butler® and Guidor® brands, has moved its North American headquarters from Northwest Chicago to Schaumburg, Ill.
The new world-class corporate campus is home to approximately 400 Sunstar employees at opening and the company expects its business and headcount to grow substantially in the coming years. It also features many state-of-the-art enhancements to provide a superior working environment focused on employee wellness, including a fitness center and walking trails.
The new facility occupies approximately 300,000 square feet and more than 40 acres of land along the I-90 corridor.
Accompanying the corporate offices will be a manufacturing facility and research and design center that will enable the company to not only expand its oral health product offerings but also enter additional market segments. Sunstar anticipates increasing their workforce to support the company’s expansion. See products below as examples of what is manufactured at the facility.
“This investment in our new North American headquarters will be vital to our evolution as a global company and enable us to provide our customers with an array of products to enhance their lives,” said Sunstar Chairman Yoshihiro Kaneda. “Sunstar has a long history in Illinois and we are pleased to renew our commitment to innovation by investing in this new facility in the Village of Schaumburg.”
Sunstar has 23 facilities around the world and more than 100 employees focused on research and development globally.
The three-story corporate facility will sit on high ground with unobstructed views across open prairie and lakes to the north and east. Winding drives and walking paths overlook pristine landscape and a two-acre nature wetland preserve. 42 acres surrounding the headquarters development is planned with minimum disturbance to the existing terrain and natural vegetation. The project will be LEED-certified.
Other building features include an atrium dining hall, fitness room and 200-seat auditorium. The operations side houses an R&D center, specialized manufacturing, clean rooms and an automated packaging/distribution operation.
Continue reading on Page 2 ...
Products made at the facility include:
• Micro-feathered bristle tips contact the tooth surface to provide soft, gentle cleaning with minimized pressure.
• Dome Trim® bristle design which has been shown in clinical studies to reduce gingival inflammation and bleeding. It cleans better where
periodontal disease starts.
• Raised bristles at the tip provide greater access to posterior regions and clean hard-to-reach surfaces.
• Tongue cleaner helps remove odor-causing bacteria.
Proxabrush® Go-Betweens® Cleaners
• Removes up to 25% more plaque with new triangular bristles
• Cleans posterior teeth easily with bendable neck
• Better comfort, control and grip with new flexible handle
• Stays clean between uses with antibacterial bristles
• Coated wire helps prevent galvanic shock
To learn more about the Sunstar GUM® brand, watch the video below: