Rounding up some of the top bulk fills available on the market.
Bulk fill materials are changing restorative dentistry as we know it. Innovation has led to bulk fills that are simpler to use, faster to cure and easier to handle, resulting in restorations that are superior and long-lasting.
Esthetics have improved as well. From nanofillers that ensure wear resistance and polish retention to increased material opacity that doesn’t sacrifice depth of cure, patients are leaving dental offices with more esthetic and natural-looking restorations.
The bulk fills on the following pages are prime examples of advanced, next-generation materials that are changing the way clinicians approach restorative dentistry at their practices.
Click through the slides to see the products.
3M™ Filtek™ One Bulk Fill Restorative
• Designed for the posterior, this material’s unique optical properties and increased opacity allow for the simplicity of one-step placement without compromising esthetic results.
• With excellent adaptation and handling, it can be placed in one fast, easy increment up to 5 mm with no need for layering.
• 3M’s true nanotechnology results in superior wear resistance and excellent polish retention.
800-634-2249 | 3m.com/filtekone
REVEAL® HD Bulk
• This new light-cured bulk fill restorative composite is optimized for simpler and faster posterior restorations.
• REVEAL HD Bulk combines appropriate handling, depth of cure and polishability, allowing clinicians to provide patients with functional and esthetic composites while saving chair time.
• With its HD Filler Technology, the material allows for layering increments in 5-6 mm due to its predictable depth of cure.
800-247-3368 | bisco.com
• Fill-Up!™ is a dual-cured, medium viscosity bulk composite that has been developed for indications that demand fast, esthetic, tooth-colored restorations.
• The material is suitable for bulk fill technique in the posterior region and can be applied in a single layer of any depth.
• Surface light curing for only five seconds is said to finish the restoration with no top layer needed.
330-916-8800 | coltene.com
Ecosite Bulk Fill
• A posterior restorative composite , Ecosite Bulk Fill is engineered to deliver superior esthetics with a single, quick 20-second light cure.
• The material’s ability to flow smoothly under pressure is said to ensure high packability without sticking to instruments.
• It reliably cures in a single-layer application to a depth of 5 mm while providing unmatched handling, polishability and superb adaptation.
800-662-6383 | dmg-america.com
• A flowable composite, SDR® flow+ is said to be the first bulk fill flowable that self-levels, providing excellent cavity adaptation and significantly lower shrinkage stress.
• The material is designed to allow for a bulk fill of up to 4 mm without any manipulation for a fast, easy application with lasting results.
• The bulk fill is approved to be used in Class III and Class V restorations where a capping agent wouldn’t be used.
Dentsply Sirona Restorative
800-532-2855 | class2restorations.com
G-ænial™ BULK Injectable
• G-ænial™ BULK Injectable is an injectable, high-strength, nano-particle composite with ideal viscosity, handling and adaptation characteristics.
• The material can be used as a one-step application for bulk filling up to the occlusal surface (up to 4 mm) without the need for capping or veneering with another composite.
• The homogeneously dispersed nano-particle formula provides high flexural strength and wear resistance for a durable and long-lasting restoration that retains its gloss.
800-323-7063 | gcamerica.com
Natural Elegance® Bulk Fill Composite
• Natural Elegance® is a light-cured, flowable bulk fill composite.
• The self-leveling composite eliminates the need for layering, allowing 4 mm increments to be placed in a single step.
• The material is radiopaque and designed to be fast, versatile and easy to use.
800-472-4346 | henryschein.com
Tetric EvoCeram Bulk Fill and Tetric EvoFlow Bulk Fill
• Tetric EvoCeram Bulk Fill is a unique nano-hybrid developed for fast, efficient placement of direct posterior composite restorations.
• Tetric EvoFlow Bulk Fill features opacity-shifting technology for the high-performance dentin replacement material clinicians have been looking for.
• The two materials can be paired together for optimum predictability, efficiency and bulk fill esthetics.
800-533-6825 | ivoclarvivadent.com
SonicFill™ 3 SingleFill™ Composite System
• SonicFill™ 3 SingleFill™ Composite System is a sonic-activated bulk fill composite that reportedly helps clinicians craft quality restorations with greater ease and speed compared to incremental layering techniques.
• SonicFill 3 is said to fill cavities in seconds, and the formula is non-sticky and slump-free.
• Cavities up to 5 mm in depth can be filled in a single increment without the need for a liner or capping layer.
800-537-7123 | kerrdental.com/sonicfill
Venus® Bulk Fill
• Venus Bulk Fill is a flowable, low-shrinkage composite for creating posterior restorations with the bulk filling technique.
• The material is indicated as a base in Class I and Class II direct restorations (up to 4 mm) and for cavity lining under direct restorative materials.
• Self-adaptive handling is said to eliminate steps and provides ideal coverage of cavity floor and walls.
800-431-1785 | kulzerus.com
• Beautifil-Bulk Restorative is a conventional packable composite resin that incorporates the unique bioactive benefits of Giomer, a surface pre-reacted glass filler that’s backed by 13 years of clinical success.
• It’s designed to have optimum translucency and a high fill ratio, which reduces polymerization shrinkage stress while increasing compressive and flexural strength.
• The material is said to have an ideal balance of light diffusion and transmission that ensures complete polymerization at 4 mm depth of cure.
Shofu Dental Corporation
800-827-4638 | shofu.com
Estelite Bulk Fill Flow
• Estelite Bulk Fill Flow is a flowable bulk fill composite that’s esthetic and strong all on its own - no capping layer needed.
• The material requires no additional composites for outstanding esthetics and strength, offering faster and simpler single-increment restorations up to 4 mm.
• Utilizing Estelite Spherical Filler technology, the bulk fill is said to provide more natural-looking restorations via higher shade matching ability, opacity and polishability than other products.
Tokuyama Dental America
877-378-3548 | tokuyama-us.com
Admira Fusion x-tra
• Admira Fusion x-tra is the world’s first all ceramic-based direct bulk fill restorative material.
• As a nano-ORMOCER®, the material’s chemistry base is formed by silicon oxide, making up both the glass fillers and ceramic resin matrix, a first of its kind.
• Advantages are said to include up to 50-percent lower polymerization shrinkage than today’s conventional composites as well as up to 50-percent lower shrinkage stress.
888-658-2584 | vocoamerica.com
• Bulk EZ® is an easy-to-use, dual-cure, bulk fill composite incorporating Zest Dental Solutions’ proprietary IntelliTek® Curing Technology.
• Formulated to overcome the limitations associated with current composites, Bulk EZ has been proven in independent studies to eliminate gap formation and stop microleakage.
• Featuring high strength and wear resistance, the material demonstrates a quick self-cure mode and is said to require minimal manipulation or adjustment.
Zest Dental Solutions
800-262-2310 | zestdent.com
• x-tra base is a fast-setting bulk fill flowable posterior composite indicated to cure in 4-mm layers in only 10 seconds (universal shade).
• Supported by its 75-percent (by weight) fill rate, it’s designed to offer a combination of strength, speed and adaptability.
• Its viscosity and low water solubility extend its indications to both the closed and open sandwich technique with a self-leveling effect that allows for easy adaptation to the cavity walls.
888-658-2584 | vocoamerica.com