Announcing Dental Products Report's Top 25 Women in Dentistry for 2015
What her nominator said:
"Dr. Yasmi Crystal was born with the soul of an artist and the mind of a scientist. Dentistry, which offers Dr. Crystal a unique opportunity to work with her hands while continuing to challenge herself intellectually, has led to a decorated career. Here’s a quick sampling of just some of Dr. Crystal’s achievements:
• Consultant for Council on Scientific Affairs and spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
• Past president of the New Jersey Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
• Co-director of continuing education for more than 20 years for the New Jersey Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
• Associate Professor of Pediatric Dentistry at New York University College of Dentistry
• Representative of Nations for the USA on the Board of Directors of the International Association of Pediatric Dentistry.
• Faculty member for the Family Practice MD program at Somerset Medical Center, NJ for over 15 years.
• Consultant, preceptor and lecturer for the American Academy of Pediatrics, NJ Chapter.
• Among the first dentists in the world to utilize the Solea dental laser, the first FDA approved, computer-aided CO2 9.3 micron laser for hard and soft tissue ablation I
It’s an impressive list even before you consider the fact that she speaks four languages fluently (English, Spanish, Italian and French) and is a proud mother of three. Currently, she is committed to bridging the divide between dentists and primary care physicians. Dr. Crystal believes this type of collaboration can create an environment where children and their parents begin to understand the connection between oral and systemic health leading to healthier and happier lifestyles. While the goal is lofty, given Dr. Crystal’s accomplishments to date, it is hard to imagine that she will not succeed."