Dental professionals got the first look this week at Philips Sonicare’s newest power toothbrush, the FlexCare Platinum.
Philips Sonicare debuted the power toothbrush for the first time Thursday, April 11, during the California Dental Association ‘CDA Presents’ show in Anaheim, Calif.
With a range of benefits unavailable with manual toothbrushes—or what Gail Stoops, RDH, BSDH, of Philips Oral Healthcare calls a simple “stick with bristles”— the new Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum promises a customizable brushing experience for each user.
Stoop unveiled the new power toothbrush Thursday telling attendees that the product was created and developed based on customer feedback.
“If you ask me,” Stoop said of the FlexCare Platinum’s features, “it’s the definition of true innovation.”
Some of its features include:
- Anchor-free tufting technology— the FlexCare’s new InterCare Brush Head contains more bristles than traditional brush heads, allowing it to be arranged in patterns to perform specific tasks
- Two sets of bristles – light green and blue – to both remove plaque from between the teeth and remind users to change the brush head after three months
- Three modes of operation for a targeted result – clean, white, and gum care
- Three different intensity settings for a customizable brushing experience
- A pressure sensor that gently resonates to notify the user that they are applying too much pressure
During the launch event at CDA Presents, twenty Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum power toothbrushes were given away to raffle winners.
This toothbrush became available to the retail market in July 2013.