Each week, DPR explores a different dental technique how to with our Technique Geek series. You can get each Technique Geek in your inbox for free here.
We feature video techniques of a product in use, offering step-by-step examples for clinical success.
In this Technique Geek featured video, VOCO presents a how-to showcasing its dual-cure universal adhesive, Futurabond U. See how to complete a direct restoration using the dental adhesive with its single dose delivery system.
Futurabond U is a universal adhesive in a unit dose delivery that bonds to all resin based materials (light-, dual, self-cured) without the need of any additional activators or primers. The clinician can chose between total, selective and self-etch mode.
Additionally, Futurabond U can be used instead of a silane, metal or zirconia primer, desensitizer or as sealer under amalgam restorations and as a protective varnish over Glass Ionomer fillings.
Watch the video how-to here:
One adhesive for all your adhesive dentistry
- Self-etch, selective-etch or total-etch
- For all direct or indirect materials
- No additional activator required for self- or dual cure materials.
- Bonds to all light-, dual- and self-cure resin materials
- Bonds to metal, zirconia, aluminium oxide, silicate ceramic without any extra primer
- VOCO’s patented new Single Dose System eliminates the problem of solvent evaporation as known issue of other bottle systems - this ensures reliable high bond strength each application.
- Fast and easy one-coat application (apply, dry and cure in 35 sec.)
- Virtually no post-operative sensitivity
- Over 30 MPa adhesion to dentin and enamel with LC composites while reaching total-etch adhesion levels with DC and SC composites
- Reinforced with nano particles for permanent bond strength
- No refrigeration required
Sponsored by VOCO